- Me and my partner, Maxim live in New York City and we love to dress up and go out on Halloween.
- NYC Halloween Parties are some of the most fun you can have in the city. It is one night (or weekend) when you can be anything you want while being among other like-minded people.
- If you are looking for an epic night of dancing, visuals, debauchery, and costumes, look no further. These are the Biggest and Baddest Halloween Parties in NYC.
1. The McKittrick Halloween Ball: The Lost Garden
The Lost Garden is a place of change.
Of eternal rebirth and reinvention…
The McKittrick Halloween parties are a stuff of legends. Set in an abandoned Hotel near the High Line, this usual home of Sleep No More transforms every Halloween. Lose your way in a multi-level maze of performers, music, debauchery & dance floor. There is something for everyone at the McKittrick & this year’s theme will be no different. Check out inspiration for this year’s theme ‘The Lost Garden’ and dress to impress.
2. Avant Gardner: The Cityfox Halloween Festival
Our second event on the list is the definition of a Brooklyn warehouse party. Picture this: a massive space with exposed beams and brick walls. Moving lights shine down from high in the ceiling. DJs spinning techno all night. Witches & Ghouls fill up an enormous dance floor. Yes, you will be telling your friends about this party for years to come.
3. Knockdown Center: NY Night Train 17th Annual Haunted Hop Spooktacular
Knock Down Center is an art and performance space by day and a magnificent party hub at night. Located on a 50,000-square-foot indoor/outdoor property in Queens (relax, there will be an all-night shuttle from the L-train), it will be a party to remember. Event organizers are promising a haunted house with 33(!) bands, 8 DJs, dancing, cinema, installations, visuals, food/drinks & more. Plus a $500 costume contest. Where do I sign up?
4. MATTE & La Bomba Present – HALLOWEEN
Best kept secret of NYC Halloween parties, MATTE Project knows how to put on a show. Their previous Halloween extravaganzas took place in an abandoned church and an abandoned gothic mansion (I’m starting to see a pattern here). This year, they are promising to bring a machine-body experience to NYC’s most LED neighborhood – the Theater District. With a secret headline DJ, you will not want to miss this intimate affair with a true underground legend.
5. House of Yes: House of Hallucinations
House of YES is a more intimate Brooklyn venue with a reputation larger than life. Home to almost daily events, parties, balls & cabarets, there is never a dull moment at the House of YES. And patrons are always serving *fire* looks. For Halloween, the theme is Hallucinations – magic mutants, funhouse freakshow, vibrant vision of divinity, psychedelic seduction, obscure opulence…
See the full inspiration for House of Hallucinations.
6. Elsewhere Halloween
Last but not least on our list is one of my favorite music venues in NYC. This is the place to see underground, radical & up-and-coming indie artists of all genres. It’s an amazing & inclusive space with several floors and a roof terrace, perfect for catching your breath after you’ve been dancing all night. And with 9 DJs playing on Halloween night, you will definitely need it.